Monday, July 21, 2008

Are We Winners or Whiners?

After spending some time re-reading all of my blog entries, I have come to the conclusion that I am on the verge of becoming a whiner.

Let’s look at where we are:

1. 572,000 people over 45 in Cincinnati Metro Area

2. 429 ministry openings for youth and teens…no openings for “Seasoned Believers” ministries

3. the most prominent church model is the “commissary” model

4. It is unlikely, for many reasons, that there will be any shift to the "caravan" model in the foreseeable century.

So, given those factors, what are our options?

Option 1


Continue to bang our heads against a brick wall and become more frustrated, or

Option 2

Become pro-active and enlist our fair share of the demographic in which we find ourselves.

I can hear it now: “But ________!! (fill in the Blank)

Do you mean that I need to encourage other “Seasoned Believers” to become a part of a “commissary” that has nothing of any significance me or them?? In a word YES!!

How do we do it??

First of all, the “Seasoned Believers” already a part of a local church must cease being passive, come down off the shelf, make it known that they are not finished yet and that they desire to become s significant part of the local body.

Secondly, if we begin to increase the number of people who are in this demographic, the significance factor will be recognized.

How do we do it??

I am so glad you asked!!

I will give some suggestions as to how this can be done.

Stay Tuned!!! Don’t touch that dial!!

The Boomer Blogger

Ron

No comments: